• Home
  • About
  • Getting Started
  • Coupons
  • Store Policies
  • Frugal Tips
  • Coupon Lingo
  • Product Reviews

    Friday, December 16, 2011

    Great Cheap/Free Gift Wrapping Ideas From Recyclebank!!



    SAVE MONEY ON GIFT WRAPPING!!

    I came across a great article of suggestions and I thought I would share a few ideas. I am always looking for ways to reduce waste, so I am so glad I came across this. I will definitely be using some of these suggestions. Not only will I be reducing waste, but I will also $AVE MONEY!!

    "Newspapers, magazines, a bandanna, a Hermès scarf. It's about being inventive. Then you adorn it. You paint on it, stencil on it, stamp on it. You have fun with it, versus making it this chore where you're banging out gift after gift." ~Sharleen Smith, founder of WrapNatural

    "Maps, calendars, posters, and wallpaper scraps can also make unique wrapping papers. And you can decorate the brown paper from grocery bags with stamps or children's artwork or handprints."~Recycle Bank, Guide to Greener Gift Wrap

    "Save the prettiest and most durable paper gift bags, boxes, and ribbons you've received - even disposable wrappings can be reused many times. My family has a large collection of holiday-themed paper gift bags stuffed with tissue paper, for example, that we use for our gift exchange every year. You can also put scraps of used wrapping paper through a shredder to make a decorative stuffing for gift bags."~Recycle Bank, Guide to Greener Gift Wrap

    I was really dreading wrapping all the presents, but now I am ready and excited to tackle it! I will have to share pictures of my gifts after I get them wrapped!

    If you haven't signed up for Recyclebank, go HERE and check it out. You earn points for different tasks (usually just making pledges to do things to live greener) and get rewards. I have learned a lot of different money saving tips as well as getting rewards! I buy hard to find grocery coupons with my rewards :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment