• Home
  • About
  • Getting Started
  • Coupons
  • Store Policies
  • Frugal Tips
  • Coupon Lingo
  • Product Reviews

    Friday, December 9, 2011

    My SUPER Simple and Tasty Chili is What's On The Menu For Dinner!


    I don't know how many of you create a menu and follow it every week according to what you catch on sale, but I sure do! I recently was able to stock up on all the ingredients I need to make our family's favorite chili for very cheap. I will share my recipe as well as what I paid for everything.

    1 lb Ground Beef  ($1.77 lb)
    1 medium yellow onion chopped  ($0.10~paid $0.69 for 3 lb bag)
    2 chopped green bell peppers (just used these because I had them from the garden)
    1 pack of Best Choice Chili Seasoning ($0.33 ea)
    1 Tbsp Chili Powder
    4 cans of Best Choice Chili Beans (3/$1.00)
    2 cans Chili Ready Tomatoes undrained (optional) ($0.60 ea) *note if you use regular tomatoes, you will probably need more spices

    TOTAL COST  ($4.73)                                                                                      

    Cooking Directions:

    Brown meat and drain. Add packet of chili seasoning and water, cook according to directions on pack. In a large pot, combine meat mixture, chopped vegetables, beans and tomatoes.If you want to eat it soon, cook covered on medium-low for an hour, stirring occasionally. Otherwise you can put it in the crock pot and cook on low 4-5 hours or until veggies are tender.

    I'm not sure how many servings are in this. I do know that 2 adults and 2 children can eat this for dinner, then lunch the next day and still have some left. All for less than 5 bucks!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment