• Home
  • About
  • Getting Started
  • Coupons
  • Store Policies
  • Frugal Tips
  • Coupon Lingo
  • Product Reviews

    Friday, January 27, 2012

    Here's What I Was SUPPOSED To Get At Walmart Today

    Ok. so I had a really bad trip to Walmart today. I know I wasn't in the wrong (or I don't think so anyway). Here's what I was trying to buy and the coupons I tried to use.....

    (4)- General Mills Cereal 11.5 oz- $2.28
    Price matched for $2.00 each (Price Cutter)
    Tried to use 2- $1.75/2 GM printable from yesterday
    Supposed to be $4.50 for 4

    She said it was a fraudulent coupon and they couldn't take it. She refused to give me an explanation why she thought it was fraudulent.

    (4)- KY Jelly- $2.82
    Tried to use 4 $3/1 coupon printable
    Supposed to be $0.72 overage

    She said she couldn't take it because it was for more than the amount. I told her the new policy allows for overage. She (sporting her 15 year name badge) said there was no such policy. I tried to show her and she called a CSM who also said no and supervised the rest of the coupons.

    (1) Tide Single Load- $0.97
    Tried to use $2.00 off any 1 Tide product
    Supposed to be $1.03 overage

    No reason for not taking it, CSM said no.

    (4) Enfamil 32 oz- $6.76 (was going to donate)
    Tried to use (4) $5/1 Enfamil from yesterday
    Supposed to be $7.04

    CSM said the coupon was on the "fraudulent coupons list" (HUH??) Of course they refused to show me said list.

    (1) Green Apple Chapstick- $0.97
    Tried to use .50/1 coupon (from Facebook a month or so ago I believe)
    Supposed to be $0.47

    She said she couldn't take it because it wasn't a multi-pack (coupon states .50/1 green apple or lip shield 360 chapstick OR chapstick multipack)

    All this SHOULD HAVE BEEN
    $49.38 before tax
    $10.28 after coupons (before tax)

    Instead, after 30 minutes of shopping and 20 minutes checking out, I left with this:

    (1) 8 roll regular Brawny paper towels- $6.89
    Price matched for $5.99 (Dillons)
    Used $1.00 printable coupon
    Paid $5.37 after tax.

    Sooooo.....that was what happened 10 minutes before I came home to find my basement and master bathroom flooded. GRRRRR!

    2 comments:

    1. That's simply ridiculous....you did NOTHING wrong/inappropriate/fraudulent...I have the same coupons in my binder & like you, I aquired them legally...Wal-Mart is the worst, as far as couponing, for customer service lately...I had a CSM try to tell me that a new "Coupon Law" had been passed that made paying overages illegal...Really, how'd I miss that one...I'm sorry that this happened to you.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yes, I agree, Walmart is the WORST. I don't get it. I usually profile my cashiers to make sure this doesn't happen, but this time my options were kinda limited :(

      ReplyDelete