• Home
  • About
  • Getting Started
  • Coupons
  • Store Policies
  • Frugal Tips
  • Coupon Lingo
  • Product Reviews

    Thursday, March 15, 2012

    Saving on Utilities~See What I Managed to Save in 15 Days


    So, last month I did a little experiment with my family's electricity usage. Keep in mind, I was already doing all the normal stuff to cut back, but thought we could be doing more. Some of you may laugh and think "I'm not cheap enough to do THAT stuff", but hey, I'm all about saving every dollar I can!

    During the months we don't use air conditioning our electric bill runs about $125. My goal was to cut it by 20%, to get it below $100. $25 doesn't sound like a ton, but it's $300 a year! It was on the 5th when I decided to do this and our billing cycle ends on the 20th of the month. . So basically this bill only shows half the month. Here is what my new bill was........$107.35. A savings of $17.53.

    So about the changes I made.....

    I cut my dryer usage by about 75%. I still use it for about 1 out of every 4 or 5 loads. ( I assume this is a huge part of the reduction)

    I started unplugging the microwave and coffee pot when not in use.

    I turned off the power strips to TV's and Dish Receivers when not in use.

    That's it, that's all I changed. It should save us about $35 a month! I'll take that :)

    How do you save on your utility bill??

    Follow Savings With Steph on Facebook

    No comments:

    Post a Comment