• Home
  • About
  • Getting Started
  • Coupons
  • Store Policies
  • Frugal Tips
  • Coupon Lingo
  • Product Reviews

    Wednesday, July 25, 2012

    Save Money Using Your Slow Cooker Plus Recipe

    One way I LOVE to save money during the summer is by using my crock pot! In fact, there are many benefits to using a crock pot year round, but I will save that for a later post.

    The main reason I use my slow cooker is to save energy! Did you know it takes FAR less energy than using your oven? Which brings me to the second reason I use crock pots in the summer.....so I don't heat up my kitchen, also saving energy!

    I'm going to start sharing my frugal recipes, ideas and tips so you can see how easy it is to save money using a crock pot.

    What I have in my crock pot today is my husband's favorite, Crock Pot Ham Steaks. He likes to eat it on a roll or bun like a sandwich.

    Crock Pot Ham Steaks

    4-Ham Steaks (I remove the bones, but not necessary)
    1/4 c. Cola (yes, pop!)
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1 tsp. dry mustard

    Directions

    Mix brown sugar & mustard, then add enough cola to make a paste. Rub paste all over the ham steaks and place in crock pot. Pour remaining cola over the top and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

    No worries, the ham will provide lots of juices :)

    Serve with mashed potatoes, rolls and a veggie.

    Or, if you're like me and don't want to cook, serve on a bun with a salad :)

    Follow Savings With Steph on Facebook for frugal tips, deals, coupons & freebies!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment